Reaxys SCI Early Career Researcher Award 2020
The SCI Giovani Board in collaboration with Elsevier  announces the Reaxys SCI Early Career Researcher Award 2020, now at its sixth edition, dedicated to all SCI members who are currently PhD students or recently got their PhD. The candidates must produce a brief essay (750 - 1500 words) in which they summarize their current research activity, a potential research project or a completed work, specifying how a database like Reaxys could be (or has been) of help.
The top-three candidates will get respectively:
- 1st prize: € 1500
- 2nd prize: € 1000
- 3rd prize: € 500!
DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2020
- Reaxys is a subscription service and is not available in all the universities. For this reason SCI Giovani and Elsevier will give free access to all the SCI members who will apply throughout the whole application time.
- We hope to see you all on June 9 at the new edition of the Y-RICh workshop organized by SCI Giovani (soon more information), with a delegation from Elsevier ready to illustrate the search engine and the awards, and to answer to all your questions.
- Elsevier will host a free webinar on June 23 (10:30 AM), in which Reaxys basic and advanced features will be explained, together with some guidelines for the preparation of the application essay. Attending the webinar (about 30 minutes) is strongly suggested to propose a successful application!
Here you can find some essays proposed by candidates awarded in previous editions.
HALL OF FAME
► Reaxys SCI Early Career Researcher Award 2019
- Gianluigi Albano (UniPI)
- Denise Sighel (UniTS)
- Marco Carlotti (IIT)
► Reaxys SCI Early Career Researcher Award 2018
- Erica Del Grosso (UniROMA-2)
- Daniele Massella (PoliTO)
- Francesca Arcudi (UniTS)
► Reaxys SCI Young Researcher Award 2017
- Claudia Bonfio (UniTN)
- Luca Capaldo (UniPV)
- Federica Leone (PoliTO)
► Reaxys SCI Young Researcher Award 2016
- Marta Da Pian (UniVE)
- Stefania Mirabella (UniFI)
- Gianluca Longoni (UniMIB)
► Reaxys SCI Young Researcher Award 2015
Category Analytical, Environmental, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Alessia Amodio (UniTS-UniROMA2)
- Massimo Baroncini (UniBO)
- Giuseppe Trusso (UniCT)
Category Biological Sciences, Medical and Organic Chemistry
- Antonella Bochicchio (UniBAS)
- Elena Lenci (UniFI)
- Davide Ravelli (UniPV)
Category Materials Science, Industrial and Inorganic Chemistry
- Diana De Porcellinis (UniROMA2)
- Andrea Nava (UniMORE)
- Rosalba Randazzo (UniCT)
The award ceremony took place on September 17, 2015 during the XXXVI Congress of the SCI Organic Chemistry Division (Bologna).